Sunday, March 24, 2019



GFM

I wanted to post this last week, but honestly, I forgot I wrote it. One would think that being at home would allow for plenty of things, but it doesn't. I get tired very easily, but I can't sleep. I try to do the best I can. I had a very busy week with doctors and other appointments, so I am always proud to get that done. These are things, as many of you know, I was able to do before the assault. I didn't go to doctor's appointments almost every day, but I got many things done, even working full-time.

The above photos are of my clean little kitchen and my clean little bedroom. This took me around 3 hours, while taking breaks to rest for a moment because I can't walk very well. I was very happy to get this done...It is something I took for granted before - simply cleaning my home.

The last photo is my little "self-care" photo. What I have learned through therapy is we have to truly take care of ourselves, too. A warm bath, making a cozy bed (which my #1 Warrior and I make jokes about), taking a moment to wash your face, put on your favorite comfortable clothes. These are things I took for granted. I took for granted that it was safe for me to walk early in the evening back to my car. I took for granted that I had a steady income with insurance, which I don't have now. 

It is a frustrating thing. Reaching the limits of any uncomfortable/hard circumstance is incredibly difficult. I feel a bit lonely, but really, I don't like being around people at this point. I have reached out to some of you about having tea/etc. which I look forward to. If I have reached out to you, it is because I feel safe with you. I don't feel safe with many people.

I am thankful for the things that you all have provided. I hope I can provide some comfort, in some way, by explaining what has happened to me over the last year.

I have numerous resources that I can provide to anyone who needs help. I still need help, but I have done a lot of research and accumulated phone numbers that have helped me.

My love to all of you. Stay aware. Stay thoughtful of others needs when they are asking for help.




No comments: