Wednesday, August 29, 2018


This is what being assaulted looks like. This is what atrophy looks like after nearly 6 months of physical therapy. This is me, with a brace on, 3 shirts, 4 pairs of gym shorts and my ratty little shorts, because i don't have clothing that fits.

This is what someone did to me. I didn't choose this. This is something that someone did to me, and my body.

So many say I should have healed by now. that I should be better. I am not. That is the part of healing that people who have not gone through this don't understand. It is not from my lack of trying. It is because my body is doing all it can to heal. But, recovery takes time.

Last week, which going to physical therapy, I fell down in the parking lot. My legs and arms don't work, even though I try to make them work. I am stubborn, I try, but my body won't let me. It left me with more cuts, more scars I have to look at. 

At the end of this week, my insurance from Weaver Street Market runs out. It runs out because I cannot preform the job that I was capable of doing before the assault.

I have been offered COBRA. If you are not familiar with COBRA, it is extremely expensive. To the tune of $475. Someone who has no current income cannot pay that. Someone who is relying on the help of others cannot afford that.

So, I worry. I cannot get better without the support of doctors. I cannot get better without help. I cannot get better without people being patient with me. I cannot get better with a source of income, which I can't currently get because I cannot work.

I continually want to tell all of you that I appreciate all you have been doing for me. I also want to remind you all that recovery, on any level, isn't a brief thing. I know my body will recover, in time, but the trauma in general with take me much longer...The rest of my life.

I need continued support. I need continuing finances. Though it looks like I have a lot of donations through Go Fund Me, that is money that is spent for rent, electricity, water, and things I have to buy for my son. I am not being greedy, but I am not ashamed of asking for things that I need. Every penny that you all have donated goes directly to bills. Believe me, I am not relaxing on a beach or relaxing at all.

Continued love and support is welcome. Please share this with your friends and family.

Please keep your friends and family safe. Keep them aware of what can happen in a blink of a eye.

Keep yourselves safe.

No comments: